DC MAP is available to help PCPs utilize behavioral health screening tools in their practices. By calling DC MAP you can receive:
- Training on the use of the screening tool;
- Consultation on managing positive screens: next steps and diagnosis clarification;
- Resources & referrals based on availability.
As of July 1, 2013, DC Medicaid Managed Care Organizations are required to ensure annual mental health screenings by the beneficiaries’ Primary Care Provider, using an approved screening tool. The DC Collaborative for Mental Health in Pediatric Primary Care updates the list of approved screening tools annually. For more information about the approved screening tools, go to DC Health Check at: http://www.dchealthcheck.net/documents/Approved-MH-Screening-Tools-2017.pdf
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) Toolkit
- This toolkit focuses specifically on supporting children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families, by providing primary care providers with the tools to help families navigate the developmental disabilities landscape in Washington, DC.
- Perinatal Mental Health Toolkit (updated 2020)
- This toolkit is intended to aid Pediatric Primary Care Providers in screening for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, such as postpartum depression, during well child visits in the first year postpartum.